04 August 2010

The fairytale is over - time for a new course of travel!

Like all good things in life, also me and Erik's trip together had to come to an end at some point and that's the point we're in right now. Unfortunately, this means not only the end of his vacation but also the end of our relationship.

There are always 'if's, 'maybe's and 'could's left to discover, but at the moment it looks like my fairytale is over. My prince has left the continent and I'm on my own again.



Now it's time to find a new course - of travel first. I hope you could help me in making this decision. My flight back to Europe takes off from Mexico city on the 3rd of November, exactly 13 weeks from today and I need to decide how to get to Mexico. Here are my options:

1)Travelling down to Chile, Patagonia and up in Argentina to Buenos Aires where I have a flight from in the end of September. Then chilling a month in Mexico.
+ seeing Atacama and Patagonia
+ plenty of time to take it easy
- more expensive countries
- colder weather

2)Heading up to Ecuador, Columbia and Central America and reaching Mexico city by land.
+ getting to visit more all of Latin America
+ more affordable prices
+ plenty of sun shine in the tropics
- about 2 weeks per country is not a lot
- if I run out of money in Panama, I might give you a begging call...

Both options also include either seeing or losing the opportunity to see some dear friends who live in different parts of Latin America; Lina&Diana in Columbia and Piia in Chile for example. Toby's path might cross with mine if I head north, Simon's if I head to south.

Please vote and help me decide! Your comments are more than welcome too – maybe there's something I didn't think about.

No comments: